Bhramatal Snow Trek
₹ 8500 (8 people)
6 Days / 5 Nights
Pickup and Drop available from Lohajung (Optional)
Easy to Moderate
Best Time to Visit
December to March
Pickup to Drop
Lohajung to Lohajung
Overview: Why you should choose this Trek
Brahmatal is a celestial lake tucked in the vast meadows of Himalayas at an altitude of 3444 mtrs.
Brahmatal summit stands at an altitude of 3718 mtrs.
Brahmatal is considered as Lord Brahma’s abode of meditation since the beginning of time.
Brahmatal affirms the shape of Brahmkamal, the primordial flower of Himalayan region of Uttarakhand.
Brahmatal is geographically situated in Chamoli Garhwal.
Brahmatal lake freezes completely during winter in the months of October till March.
All trek routes to Brahmatal are snow laden.
Brahmatal summit crown stands snow-capped.
Snow covered Brahmatal peak can be attained by trekkers without much difficulty.
A very active wild life can be witnessed throughout the trek route, Barasingha, Himalayan fox, White beer, Himalayan wild goat (Black & White), here to mention that Ibex/Thar; interestingly, mostly survives by licking the mountain slopes discharging medicinal juice of Shilajeet, katukki… Monal, the effervescent Bird of Uttarakhand with feathers in rainbow palette welcomes you to the mountain land around.
There is never dearth of oxygen as the Brahmatal is surrounded by dense forest of Deodar, Rododendron, Thuner (Taxus Baccata), Khorsu etc… so it acts as a reservoir of oxygen.
Monsoon is a lucrative time of lush-green nature to walk through this magical valley. This time of the year over the plateau is ventured by animals to graze the wet grassland of Himalayas.
All through the year the illusive land of Brahmatal makes every traveller feels an intimate proximity with other legendary summits of Himalayas around.
The meadow of upper Kunji is an alternate grazing field for courageous farmer travellers. Upper Kuji is yet an untouched leisure trove for both the locals and the trekkers to enjoy Himalayan serenity.
Day 1: Kathgodam – Lohajung (225 kms / 8-9 hours)
Day 2: Lohajung – Bekaltal (6km)
Day 3: Bekaltal – Brahmatal (8kms)
Day 4: Brahmatal – Daldum via Brahmatal Peak (5km)
Day 5: Daldum – Lohajung (4km)
Day 6: Lohajung – Kathgodam.
Some Important Facts:
- Region- Chamoli district of the Garhwal Himalayan region
- Trek Altitude- 12,600 ft
- Trek Difficulty Level- Easy to Moderate
- Trek Duration- 6 Days
- Trek Distance- 24 km
- Base Camp- Lohajung
- Temperature- Average day temperatures vary from plus 10 degrees Celsius to plus 3 degrees Celsius and average night temperatures vary from plus 3 degrees Celsius to minus 10 degrees Celsius.
- Network connectivity– Lohajung is the last spot where you will find a network. With increasing altitude, you might not get a network on your cell phones.
- Last ATM- Lohajung (but prone to unavailability of cash). It’s better to enter Lohajung with cash and not rely on an ATM. You will find working ATMs and banks in Dewal, which is 25kms away and on the way to Lohajung.
- Nearest Railway Station- Kathgodam Railway Station & Dehradun Railway Station
- Nearest Airport- Pantnagar Airport(for Kathgodam) and Jolly Grant Airport(for Rishikesh)