Gaumukh Tapovan Trek
₹ 14000 (8 person)
8 Days / 7 Nights
Pickup and Drop available from Haridwar (Optional)
Moderate to Difficult
Best Time to Visit
Pickup to Drop
Haridwar to Haridwar
Overview: Why you should choose this Trek
The Gangotri Gaumukh Tapovan trek is a dream trek not only for the spiritual seekers but also for the adventure seekers. With stunning views of the Bhagirathi Group of peaks, the majestic Shivling peak, Mt Meru among others, this trek is replete with boulder hopping, scree zones, rock fall zones, glacier crossings and much more!
This trek will take you to the source of the river Ganga, the river that is the most sacred to Hindus.Beginners can easily trek up to Gaumukh with our guidance.To trek up to Tapovan, all you need is to be fit both physically and mentally and leave the rest to us!
Brief Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Reach Gangotri; 10-12 hours drive from Dehradun.
Day 2: Trek from Gangotri (10,055 ft) to Chirbasa (11,761 ft); 6 hours, 9 km
Day 3: Chirbasa (11,761 ft) to Bhojbasa (12,450 ft); 3 hours, 5 km.
Day 4: Acclimatization walk To Gaumukh (13,455 ft) and back to Bhojbasa (12,450 ft)
Day 5: Bhojbasa (12,450 ft) to Tapovan (14,202 ft); 6 hours, 9 km
Day 6: Tapovan (14,202 ft) to Bhojbasa (10,055 ft) ; 5 hours, 9 km
Day 7: Bhojbasa (12,450 ft) to Gangotri (10,055 ft) ; 8 hours, 14 km
Some Important Facts:
- Region- Uttarakhand
- Maximum Altitude- 14,240 feet
- Trek Difficulty Level- Moderate To Difficult
- Gaumukh Tapovan Duration- 7-8 days
- Gaumukh Tapovan Trek Distance- 64 km
- Start Point- Gangotri
- End Point- Gangotri
- Best Season- May to June and September to October
- Temperatures in these months- 13 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius (Daytime), 5 degrees Celsius to 7 degrees Celsius (Night)
- Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant
- Avalilibility of ATM: Uttarkashi
How to reach Gangotri:
From Delhi, you can take a bus to Dehradun from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. It usually takes around 5 hours 15 minutes to reach, covering a distance of 245 km. The fare ranges from INR 400 to INR 4200 depending upon the comfort and luxury desired.
The distance from Dehradun to Gangotri is 240 km, which will take about another 8 hours to reach. From Dehradun, you have to take a cab to Uttarkashi. It will take about 5 hours to reach, covering a distance of 142.7 km. The cab fare is around INR 2500 approximately. From Uttarkashi, you can board a bus or take a shared taxi to Gangotri. It will take about 3 hours to reach, covering a distance of 99.5 km. The bus fare from Uttarkashi to Gangotri will be INR 75 to INR 100 approximately.
From Haridwar, you can hire a taxi to Uttarkashi. It is quite a long 187.5 km journey, from Haridwar to Uttarkashi, requiring 6 to 7 hours to reach. The taxi fare will be around INR 6000 to INR 7000. You can then a bus to Gangotri from Uttarkashi as mentioned above.
From Rishikesh, you can take a bus to Uttarkashi. It will take you approximately 5-6 hours to cover the distance of 169.3 km approximately. The bus fare will be around INR 250 to INR 300 approximately. From Uttarkashi, you can again take a bus to Gangotri as mentioned above.
From Delhi, you can board the Jan-Shatabdi SPL which departs at 3:20 PM and reaches Dehradun at 9:10 PM. It runs on all days in a week. The fare is INR 490 per head (CC). Then from Dehradun, you need to take a cab to Uttarkashi and then again board a bus or take a shared taxi to Gangotri as mentioned above.
You have to take a flight from Delhi to Jolly Grant Airport. It is just 30 km away from Dehradun approximately. It takes you about 1 hour to reach by flight. The flight fare per head will be INR 2,350 approximately. Take a taxi from the airport which takes about 50 minutes to reach Dehradun usually. The taxi fare hovers around INR 1800 to INR 1900. After reaching Dehradun, you will again have to book a cab to Uttarkashi and then board a bus to Gangotri as mentioned above.
1. Accommodation in Gangotri hotel.
2. All meals from evening snacks at Gangotri hotel on Day 1 to day last breakfast.
3. All Safety & technical equipment.(as per requirement)
4. All sleeping equipment.( tent, Sleeping bags , mattress)
5. Transportation Haridwar to Gangotri & back to same via Uttarkashi.
6. Vegetarian & non-vegetarian( Egg ) meals on the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea,coffee, Soup, Hot drinks, snaks, Dry food etc)
7. All necessary entry fees and permits.
8. Qualified Trek leader & professional guide From Team Terranova
9. First aid medical kits, Oxygen cylinder .
1. Any kind of personal expenses (like mineral water bottles / bottled or canned Beverages etc).
2. Mules or porter for carry personal luggages
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
4. Any early return travel costs or accommodation except for the days as per the Itinerary.
5. Any meals during transportation.