Hampta Pass Trek
₹ 9,500 (8 person)
7 Days / 6 Nights
Pickup and Drop available from Dehradun (Optional)
Easy to Moderate
Best Time to Visit
Pickup to Drop
Manali to Manali
Overview: Why you should choose this Trek
Hampta Pass is one of the most popular treks in the Himachal Pradesh. The entire trek is a 25km trek. Hampta Pass is a good choice for the beginners who want to test their limits in the Himalayan terrain.
Lying on one side is the lush green valley of Kullu- which has its own cultural heritage and charm with green alpine meadows, forests and flowers. On the other side of it lies almost parched stark landscape of Lahaul valley. Suddenly you witness barren mountains and almost no vegetation landscape.
And yes crossing river streams the ultimate thrill and excitement that you can get is also there in this trek. If you’re a beginner to a Himalayan trek, Hampta pass is a good choice. Having said that, since you go all the way upto 14,000 ft, this requires a good amount of preparation.
Hampta Pass is considered one of the most popular treks in Himachal Pradesh. The trek span is 5 days which is perfect for long weekends. It starts from a location called Jobri which is around 2 hours drive from Manali and it terminates at Chattru, which is located in Lahaul valley. The trek offers breathtaking views of landscapes, lush green valleys, lofty mountains, and magnificent Himalayan peaks. The most interesting thing about this trek is that one can easily notice a change in the landscape. Starting from lush green views and ending at barren lands of Lahaul & Spiti valley, the trek amazes at every step.
Apart from all this, Hampta Pass trek has one more attraction, which is Chandratal Lake. Chandratal is a famous and one of the most beautiful lakes in Himachal. The lake visit is perfect to eliminate the exhaust of the trek. The best time to go on this trek is from May to September. The gradient of the trek is moderate but it is ideal for everyone whether you are a novice or an experienced. The experience gets better if you have done at least one high altitude trek before.
Brief Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Manali, Drive to Jobra and Trek to Chika (9800 Feet)
Day 2:Trek from Chika to Balu Ka Gera (12,411 feet)
Day 3: Trek from Balu Ka Gera to Sheagoru (12,254 Feet) via Hampta Pass (14,035 Feet)
Day 4: Trek from Sheagoru to Chattru (10,898 feet), Drive to Chandratal (14,074 feet) and Return back to Chattru
Day 5: Drive from Chattru to Manali
Day 1: Manali to Chika Via Jobra
- Altitude gain from 6,725 ft. to 10,990 ft.
- 16 Km / 2 Hours Drive from Manali.
- 2 Km Trek from Jobra to Chika.
- Accommodation and food in tents at Chika.
- Meals starts from our campsite onwards.
Day 2: Chika to Balu Ka Ghera
Day 3: Balu Ka Ghera to Shea Goru via Hampta Pass (14100 meter)
Day 4: Shea Goru to Chhatru / Visit Chandrataal (13,943 ft.)and return to Chhatru campsite
- Altitude gain 12,900 ft. to 11,000 ft.
- 7 km, 4 hours of Trekking.
- Lunch and Snacks at Chhatru.
- Drive to Chandrataal and return to Chattru Campsite.
- You can visit Chandratal If road and weather condition permits us. if not, you will have to drive directly from Chatru to Manali
- Accommodation and food in Tents.
Day 5: Drive back from Chatru to Manali Via Rohtang Pass
- Breakfast at Chattru campsite.
- 85 Km Drive to Manali via Rohtang Pass.
- Lunch and Snacks at Chhatru.
- 4 Hours drive (expected arrival time 1:30 PM, traffic conditions may increase driving time).
- Trekkers can make further travel plan accordingly after reaching Manali.
1. Accommodation in Manali hotel
2. All Safety & technical equipment.(as per requirement)
3. All sleeping equipment.( tent, Sleeping bags , mattress)
4. Transportation Manali to chikka, chhatru to Chandra Tal & Chandra Tal to manali.
6. Vegetarian & non-vegetarian( Egg/Chicken )meals on the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea,coffee, Soup, Hot drinks, snaks, Dry food etc)
7. All necessary entry fees and permits.
8. Qualified Trek leader & professional guide From Terranova Adventure.
9. First aid medical kits, Oxygen cylinder .
1. Any kind of personal expenses (like mineral water bottles / bottled or canned Beverages etc).
2. Mules or porter for carry personal luggages
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
4. Any early return travel costs or accommodation except for the days as per the Itinerary.
5. Any meals during transportation and Manali Hotel Meals.