Kedarkantha Snow Trek
₹ 8500 (8 person)
6 Days / 5 Nights
Pickup and Drop available from Dehradun (Optional)
Easy to Moderate
Best Time to Visit
December to March
Pickup to Drop
DehraDun to DehraDun
Overview: Why you should choose this Trek
Adorned with ravishing beauty of falling snow and fringed with pine trees, The Kedarkantha Peak is one of the most sought after snow trekking destinations in India. With falling winter snow it’s a mesmerizing pictorial view and what’s more attractive, is the view of the Mighty Himalayas from the trails right to the top
With charming and captivating sights of snow clapped Himalayas, the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, myriad collection of flora, frozen ponds, to the sights of mesmerizing peaks, this trek have all the delightful marvels that a trekker wish to experience and view in his journey.
What to Watch Out For:
- Kedarkantha Trek in Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful treks which take you to the land of some of the best views which you will cherish for a lifetime.
- This winter trek will take you through a journey of some of the unknown places with the best views of the mountains.
- During your trek you will trek across some of the most beautiful sights with snow-capped mountains, verdant valleys and frozen ponds.
- Get a chance to witness the vivid flora and fauna of the region as you continue your trek.
- Each of the campsites is known for its amazing surroundings with the beauty of pine trees.
- Soak in the amazing beauty of the region while you continue trekking through the lush meadows, dense pine forests, cascading beautiful streams, and gorgeous maple trees.
Brief Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri ( 8 h drive )
Day 2: Start from Sankri to Juda ka Talab(5-6 hrs of trekking)
Day 3: Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha base camp ( 2-3 hrs)
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak then descend to Hargaon
Day 5:Hargaon Camp to Sankri
Day 6: Trek ends at Sankri and back to Dehradoon.
Some Important Facts:
Region-District: Uttarakashi State: Uttarakhand
- Trek Altitude- 12,500 feet
- Trek Difficulty Level- Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Duration- 6 Days
- Trekking Distance- 20 km
- Temperature- Average day temperatures vary from plus 8 degrees Celsius to plus 20 degrees Celsius and average night temperatures vary from minus 10 degrees Celsius to plus 3 degrees Celsius.
- Nearest Railway Station- Dehradun
- Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Last ATM- Purola near Sankri has the last ATM
- Pickup Point on Day 1- Dehradun Railway Station
- Departure time from Dehradun Railway Station on Day 1- 7am
- 2nd Pickup Point on Day 1- Kitab Ghar bus stand, Mussoorie
- Pick up time from Mussoorie- 7:45 a.m.
- Drop Point on Day 6- Dehradun Railway Station
- Arival time on Day 6 at Dehradun Railway Station- 6pm
- Base Camp- Sankri
- Distance from Dehradun to Basecamp, Sankri- 210 km
- Cloak room: There is no seperate cloak room available. You can handover your lugguage to our team and collect while returning. We will be keeping it safely at Sankri in the same Homestay.
- The shared vehicle will be Tata Sumo, Bolero, or similar and may be shared with a few other local passengers. The cab will be arranged from Dehradun to Sankri and Sankri to Dehradun.
- We charge Rs.950/- per person each side per person.
- The cab is a 7-seater.
- The whole cab costs 6500/- from Dehradun.
- Trekkers may choose to travel by bus or local cab to reach Sankri.